Friday, July 1, 2011

Nicole Richie's House of Harlow 1960 Launches Handbags



Nicole Richie is expanding the House of Harlow 1960 empire with one of women’s best friends, handbags. The 14-piece collection will range in price from a red, hard-cased crocodile-printed clutch for $150 to a crocodile-printed clutch to $625 for a taupe and ivory burn-out pony hair hobo. These bags are full of fringe details, studs, velvet, jaguar hardware and ponyhair.

“Handbags have always been a part of the equation since we first launched the House of Harlow 1960 brand,” Richie said. “We just needed to make sure all of the components were aligned before setting foot into that category. The collection is quite small in terms of the styles we are launching with. I wanted to make sure that each piece is special and then be able to grow it slowly and organically season after season.”

“When I design, I always try to design pieces that are universal, meaning anyone can wear and carry it. At this stage of my design process, I really try to gather direct feedback from my customers, whether through in-store personal appearances, my Web site, Twitter or Facebook. It really helps me when they provide me with their desires, feedback and comments on what they are looking for, so I can try my best to cater to their needs, yet stay true to the brand’s identity,” Nicole said.
Keep an eye out for these beauties, the handbag collection will be available mid-July at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Shopbop.com.

Posted by: Saeko

No comments: