Monday, January 23, 2012

Cindy Crawford’s 10-Year-Old Daughter for Versace… A Little Too Little?


Well I suppose young hopeful models everywhere are walking around a little more nervous, as there’s a new face on the scene.  A very, very young face!

Cindy Crawford’s 10-year-old daughter, Kaia Gerber, has been chosen as the new face of Young Versace, the label’s new line for kids.

Cindy once said she was trying to dissuade her daughter from modeling so soon. “She’s definitely tall, but hopefully I can keep her away from it for a little while.” 

While I’m certainly not opposed to children modeling as kids clothes need to be shown somehow. I am a little bit…. Scratch that… a lot bit concerned about the clothes she’s in… namely that skirt, and the length of that skirt?

Call me crazy, but does it appear a bit on the short side for such a young child?  I mean, I’m imagining a grown woman wearing that skirt, which appears to just barely extend past her bottom, and can pretty much guess many people would think that too short for even a 20 something woman. 

What do you think?  One amusing comment that Kaia made about modeling was that she wants to try modeling at some point “because you don’t need any special skills.”

Do you think the look is a bit too adult?

Posted by:  Spankie V.

2 comments:

Ena said...

I would not allow my daughter to wear a skirt that short at ten, and Versace should watch what they sell to girls that young. I question the message they are sending.

Shanna K. said...

I dont think its that bad. Yes, the skirt is short, but I highly doubt her mother would actually let her wear that to school or a party. its just for photos. Is she too young to model for V? not at all. I think its great - she is a beautiful young girl!