Monday, December 12, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor’s Jewelry Sold at Christie’s!



Of the many fashion icons of the world, Elizabeth Taylor was and will always be one of the truly magnificent and special ones.  And her life-long love affair with jewelry is one of her most enchanting legacies. 

Elizabeth Taylor once told a journalist, “My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for 8 days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring and I was hooked!”



We can see why!  Her collection, to be sold at Christie’s in New York on December 13 and 14, contains pieces from 1950s gold charm bracelets to the Loree Rodkin sapphire set given to her by none other than Elton John. 



And let’s not forget Richard Burton.  Her long time love gave her many gorgeous pieces.  And with estimated values ranging from $5,000 up to $3.5 million, they make for quite an extraordinary collection Here are some photos to enjoy!  (Images courtesy: Christie's)

Posted by:  Spankie Valentine



No comments: