How to pack the best beach bag!
Summer is ALMOST here and you are determined to spend as much time on the sand as possible! Here is our guide to packing the perfect beach fun bag.
1) The Bag Itself- First thing first, you want to make sure you have the right kind of bag. Keep it from getting messy by using a bag that's easy to clean. Canvas or vinyl and jelly bags are all options that will be easy to clean if sand creeps in. Tote styled bags are a no brainier since they aren't restricting and allow you to stuff as much stuff as possible!
2) The suit!- Obviously you want to make sure you remember that bathing suit! If you are wearing your bathing suit under your clothes to the beach, make sure you pack an extra pair of undies. Make sure you also include something like a bag to keep your wet suit in after you swim!
3) Sun Protection- You may be determined to cook yourself to the perfect shade of tan this summer but did you know one in five Americans will develop skin cancer? Prolonged sun exposure increases your chances of developing skin cancer and while its fun to play in the sun, why not protect yourself from unnecessary rays?
What better way then with some of this season musts have trends! Pair an oversized sun hat with an extra chic pair of sunnies for a way glam sun safe look! Don't forget to grab a sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays. If you are going to be at the beach longer than 2 hours your sunblock will also need a spf above 30 and if you get in the water make sure its waterproof. Oh... and don't forget to reapply!
4) Snacks- Okay so your gonna be on the sand for awhile so packing a couple things to snack on is a must. Before you grab a sugary soda or crash causing energy drink grab a bottle of water. Your going to be out in direct sunlight and the best way to keep your energy up is with good old water. Skip the candy and pack fruit, string cheese and mixed nuts for protein filled smart snacks that will keep you going.
5) YOU TELL US! What did we miss? What are your beach bag essentials? Tell us in the comments!