Friday, September 25, 2020

How to: Egirl Hair at Home!

So if you haven't heard of the egirl they can be described into different categories on Urban Dictionary as: An e-girl is a "category" word: it's used to assemble many different specific types of girls that fit into a certain specific trend or "type". There's many mainstream/commonly known types of e-girls, for example:

1- the emo e-girl

2- the TikTok/vsco e-girl (can also be know as the aesthetic e-girl)

3- the gamer e-girl

4- the artsy e-girl

The usual hair color pattern for this particular style is having two strips of bleached colored hair in the front. For example the picture below: 


However there are many types to rock the egirl hair look. Here at UrbanOG we love a stylish trend and i tried it out on myself. Instead of doing the two strips on the side, i decided to dye only one side of the front of my hair and added a chunk of highlight underneath my hair for a different look.  I would say my hair came out perfect. Here are the products that i used:

1.  Splat Lightening Bleach Hair Color Kit, Lightening Hair Dye $9.18


2. Shimmer Lights Purple Shampoo $16.18
3. Artic Fox Semi-Permanent Hair Dye in Virgin Pink $12.50


4. Gloves, mixing bowl, and brush

Here are the steps i used to bleach and color my hair.

1st Step: Follow the instruction on the bleaching kit and bleach your hair starting from the ends to the roots.  Make sure to fully saturate your hair and be generous with the bleach.  Tip:  If you want your hair to look like mine and look like it is growing out from the roots and not such a stark color change you can use your fingers to apply the bleach and pull the bleach upwards.  This will give you a more gradient ombre effect once the color is on.  Leave the bleach on for about 40 minutes, if the hair is not light enough you may do a second bleach session. 

2nd Step: Apply Purple Shampoo to hair and leave on for an hour.  I chose to sleep in the purple shampoo as i wanted a toned color to start off with before i color the hair.

3rd Step:  Apply your desired hair color, green, blue, purple, white, grey, or lilac it is up to you.  Since i chose a magenta hot pink color it was a lot easier to get the color to come out vibrant without overly bleaching my hair as this is a bit of a darker tone.  The particular dye i chose is a conditioning color and is semi-permanent so it will come off after 30 washes which is great if you want to change colors. 

4th Step: Wash out the dye, and Enjoy your e-girl fantasy.  Here is a picture of how my hair turned out below. 

Result: I LOVE that result, and I received so many compliments, i think if you wanna dye your hair a different color, GO FOR IT! I feel it definitely makes me look younger and fun!  Follow my Instagram for more looks. 





Result: LOVE that result, and I received so many compliments, i think if you wanna dye your hair a different color, GO FOR IT! I feel it definitely makes me look younger and fun!  An e-girl looks is definitely a lot less commitment than dying your whole head. Follow my Instagram for more looks. Follow our blog for more advice on style, fashion, beauty, and everything trendsetting!


Source: Google/UrbanOG.com/Instagram

No comments: