Friday, August 3, 2012

Look We Love: Crop Tops for Fall!


Just because summer is coming to a rapid close (harrumph!) doesn't mean those ultra femme styles have to be shoved in the closet for fall!  Case-in-point, the crop top!  I don't know about you, but I've been loving the resurgence of the crop top, especially when paired elegantly with a high wasted bottom like this polka dot skirt, or perhaps some edgy denim.

What I really love about the fall update on the crop, is the sleeves.  As the weather begins to cool, the cropped long sleeve top is the perfect transition.  You can still pair with high waisted bottoms, perhaps pants, and have the feel of the summertime sprinkled in your wardrobe.


To take this look fully into fall, I would pair the skirt with some leggings/tights to warm up the legs, or perhaps some socks with those to-die-for metallic loafers.  Did I mention metallic shoes will be all the rage?  You have officially been notified!  I'd also add some warm pieces like a leather jacket, or a large wool scarf.


So what do you think?  Tell me how you'd rock your crop in the fall?

Posted by:  Spankie V

(photo: Chichichicjb)




1 comment:

Ali Hval said...

I think the only time I wear crop tops is in the fall since then I can layer thing sunder them. I really like 'em with skirts and tights! :)