Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Look We Love: Cobalt Blue Accents!


Lately, I've been obsessed with cobalt blue!  I mean... ob-sessed!  Everytime I see an item in the color, I immediately gravitate towards it, be it a long maxi skirt, a Celine handbag... I've even considered a couch in the color (I know, I'll give that one some more thought)! 

So when I saw this look, with a simple cobalt blue scarf, I was instantly taken by it's simple-yet-powerful statement.  Let's dissect this look shall we?  Take a simple gray, jersey knit, knee length dress, add a cozy soft, pale cream cotton cardigan, and throw on some flat ankle tennies.  

It's a casual-meets-elegant look, amped up to the hilt when paired with this cobalt blue infinity scarf.  The deep, vibrant hue adds a ton of punch, without going overboard in prints or clashing colors like neons would.  The result: major fashion forward without the fuss. Something we love!

Throw on some red rimmed sunnies, a beach towel and lunch, and you're good to go!  What do you think?  How would you incorporate cobalt into your wardrobe?

Posted by:  Spankie

(photo: Catiebeatty)

No comments: