Most of us find ourselves out shopping for the biggies, like Fall, Winter, Christmas, Spring and Summer seasons. But have you ever just stopped and realized that you might actually be shopping quite a bit more often than just 4 to 5 times a year?
I’m not necessarily talking about full blown, hundreds to thousands of dollars and 12 stores in one day shopping… but some seemingly “casual” grab and go’s.
Well there might just be a precise reason for all the wallet workouts. According to the Wall Street Journal, shopping is always in season. Always. Retailers reportedly roll out merchandise for 13-20 different shopping seasons. Each. Year.
That’s a lot of bags to hold! Here is a list of some of the seasons that us shoppers are often all to eager to swipe credit cards for:
1. New-Years/Organization Season (Early January)
2. Health and Wellness (January through February)
3. Super Bowl Season (January through February)
4. Lawn and Garden Season (April)
5. Allergy Season (Late Spring)
6. Back to School (Going on now!)
7. Fall Party Season (October)
8. Women’s Health (October)
9. Halloween (October)
10. Early Entertaining (October through November)
10. Cough, Cold and Flu Season (November)
11. Black Friday (The day after Thanksgiving)
12. Entertaining for the Holidays (December)
13. Holiday Gifts (November through December)
So how about you? Are you (justifiably) hooked on shopping year round? Comment below!
Posted by: Spankie Valentine