Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Emmy Awards 2011 – What Everyone Wore – Red Carpet Fashion



While the Emmy’s may have been a whirlwind of bustling actors, nominations and trophies, I think the red carpet looks were the real winners this year. 

Let’s take a look at some of my personal favs:


I have to start with Gweneth Paltrow, as this dress was extraordinarily bold and sexy for the traditionally conservative star. "My dress is a little see-through," Gwyneth Paltrow said of her Emilio Pucci gown. The dress features a bare midriff and very sheer peek-a-boo details over the bustline and legs.  She matched the dress with a sleek blowout more than 100 carats of Neil Lane diamonds.


I thought Kate Winslet dazzled in a striking Elie Saab red hued gown with a neckline that plunged to there. "I like it a lot," Kate Winslet said of her gorgeous look. She paired the dress with a simple clutch, teased updo, and diamond drop earrings.


The lovely Heidi Klum showcased the winner of Project Runway, Christian Siriano in a ruffled cocktail dress, complete with colorful Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and super high Louboutins.


Julianne Hough appeared in something a bit more unexpected, and for that, I like it. This lovely Carolina Herrera gown featured a soft pink skirt and black/nude bodice. "I'm digging it" said Julianne.  She complimented the dress with a low bun and large diamond ring and earrings by Forevermark.

Who was your favorite look?

Posted by:  Spankie Valentine


No comments: