Friday, March 30, 2012

Glee Actors Anti-Bullying PSAs – Watch the Videos


While we mostly gush about shoes, clothes and all things visually fabulous here, there’s something else we find very fashionable, and that’s how we live our lives on the inside, and how we treat others all around us.

For years and years I grew up enduring some very harsh teasing and bullying, simply because of my hair, the color of my skin, and because I excelled in school.  All throughout middle school and high school I remember vividly coming home and falling into my mother’s arms crying as yet another kid at school had bullied me.  I was one of the blessed ones to have an amazing and supportive family.  But other kids aren’t so lucky, and bullying has led to an alarming rate of violence and suicide amongst young children.  It’s time we do our part to help put an end to such a senseless act.

Enter:  Glee.  The cast of Glee knows a thing or two about bullying, featuring episodes with slushie-incidents to really dangerous ones, and now actors Cory Monteith and Naya Rivera have teamed up with GLAAD and The Weinstein Company, the studio behind the controversial new documentary “Bully” for a couple short anti-bullying PSAs.





Check out the videos and please pass them on!  And visit www.thebullyproject.com the official site of “Bully” for more info on how to help.

Posted by:  Spankie Valentine

No comments: