Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Demi Moore for Ann Taylor


While thumbing through my monthly fashion magazines I noticed a new ad campaign that instantly caught my eye and put a smile on my face.  It’s the new Fall 2011 campaign for Ann Taylor, featuring the ever beautiful Demi Moore as the new face for the brand.

The ad campaign, which is pretty simple in my opinion, is shot by the one and only Patrick Demarchelier, on location at the Rockefeller Gardens in New York.  Demi stands, statuesque, in clothes that mark the real essence of strong, independent, and fashionable women.

Not only have I continuously been impressed by Demi’s class (and let’s face it, gorgeous gams and lanky physique) but I am also excited by the idea of major fashion brands using women over 40 to represent their lines.  The fashion industry, as we all know very well, is unusually youth obsessed, sometimes to the point of scary, and while I myself am a woman in her early 20’s I love seeing the fashion world embrace true, natural, powerful beauty.

What do you think of the campaign?

Posted by:  Spankie Valentine 





No comments: