Friday, August 12, 2011

Style Vs. Real You


Remember the age old saying, “you are what you eat”?  Not only am I a strong believer in the idea behind that phrase (although I guess that makes me a cow with cheese from last night's dinner), but in many ways I think the same can be said for what you wear.

Researchers have continuously been releasing new studies that show there is a link between what we prefer in our wardrobe to certain personality traits.  Now don’t get me wrong, when I initially heard this I thought, “well no duh Sherlock!”  But after putting my eyes back in place from rolling them so robustly, I realized there might be more to this than I ever actually took the time to think about.

Which of the above outfits most appeals to you?

If you chose outfit “A”, researchers would say that because you gravitate towards trendy and hip styles, you’re more of a “go-with-the-flow” kinda girl.  You’re pretty spontaneous, don’t stress about change, and keep fairly chill. 

For all my “B” girls, classic tailored looks are indicative of someone who speaks her mind, knows how to turn a situation to her benefit, and isn’t overly concerned by what others might think.  You’re more likely to often look for ways to better yourself or your situation, and are motivated by creating opportunities.

So what do you think?  Did the A & B styles accurately describe some of your key personality traits?

Posted by:  Spankie Valentine




No comments: